Monday, November 3, 2008

Being prepared...and other random thoughts

Hi Everyone!

Been on the road a bit lately so I haven't had the time to write these. Here are some random lessons learned lately:

* What you worry about is a waste of time! I had a great reminder of this recently. I was worried about taking my jacket off during the security check at the airport recently because I had to belt my pants that were too loose and it looked funny. That was the least of my worries! As I got through security, one of the agents came over and asked to speak to me. "Were my jeans new?" She asked. Puzzled, I said yes. Why? Because there was a HUGE tag on my behind with the size and price on it!!! Yikes!!

* Remember your goals. I recently achieved a goal I've had for a long time. While the goal was happening, I started to focus on some things that were not exactly as I had envisioned. I even began to feel a bit sad. What??? Then I remembered what my original goal was and realized that I got exactly what I asked for. And loved every minute of it! Don't get sidetracked...when you reach a goal, be in the moment, be grateful and enjoy it!

* Be prepared. If you're someone on my list from the US, tomorrow will challenge your patience. With the passion that the presidential election has stirred up, the lines at the polls promise to be quite long. Be prepared to wait - bring something to do in line, bring a lightweight chair if it's difficult to stand for a long time, wear comfortable shoes, bring a snack. Plan for the time in line to be long and be pleasantly surprised if it isn't because the best way to be prepared is to bring the right attitude. And have fun in line....get to know your neighbors!

Please vote tomorrow! Don't assume anything about this election whatever your position!

Have a great week!

No comments: