Sunday, April 6, 2008

Role Models

Do you have role models?

People who have certain characteristics you wish you could have? I do. In fact I
have several to match all the different interests and goals I have for my life.

Anyone who knows me knows that Oprah Winfrey is one of my role models. I admire her for what she's achieved and how she's achieved it. I admire her character, her contribution toothers around the world and so much more.

Tony Robbins is another role model because of his energy, his passion for
life and his ability to communicate and inspire.

When I was teaching my 'Strategies of Success' class, some of my students were not comfortable withthe idea of a role model. They felt that they wanted to be their own
individual person and not mimic someone else's life. I'm not surethey truly understood how beneficial role models are. I don't want to BE Oprah, I just want to model some of her traits. As Tony Robbins often says, "Success leaves clues."
Why not use those clues and make them fit your life?

Who do you admire? Who acts in a way you wish you could...or has achieved something you wish you had? Your role model doesn't have to be famous. One of my newest role
models is a friend of mine who keeps an impeccable house, something that has always been a challenge for me because I'm so easily sidetracked by other things. But now I put on my "inner Joyce", modeling the way she keeps things organized and neat.
And guess what? Now that I have an 'inner Joyce', my house is neat too!

What do you want to change in your life? Who can you model? You can change the things you want to change if you follow the role models that are all around us...we just have to look and learn.

Marianne

p.s....thanks Joyce...you rock!

No comments: