Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11 at 11:11 pm

I'm sort of a umbers person and 11 has been my favorite number for quite a while.  So here we are with five 11's in a row.  How cool is that?  Or am I just a geek?  I'll let you decide on that.  As for me, I choose to see it in two parts:  finding joy in the simplest of things and not being defined by anyone else label for me. 

I love the moment, and finding what's good in it.  I love the chair I'm sitting in, the laptop that allows me to communicate, my dryer that just finished my jeans for tomorrow, the hum of my dishwasher, the coziness of my small living room, the fact that I just spent 2 hours watching and participating in Oprah's Life Class.  Little joys, big joys depending on your point of view. 

Noticing the little things and choosing to seek out joy makes for a much better day than looking for things that aggravate or annoy. I know ther'es plenty of those around but looking for them makes me experience them and I won't let my thoughts to there or stay there for very long.  After all, I get to choose what i want to think about and i say JOY!

As for labels, who gets to decide what I am except me?  Geek? I love to learn so if geek means someone who loves to learn, I say, "thank you!"  There's a quote from someone who I don't remember that says something like "when you label me, you diminish me".  Let's save labels for cans and just be.  So much more joyfurl when that happens.

I've got 2 more minutes to 11:11...so let me say please help me keep my mentor Oprah on OWN.  The world needs positive TV even if you don't choose to watch it yourself.  Spread the word to get more people to watch her network, even for just one show a day.  We spend enough time perpetuating the less than honorable people/shows/activities on the planet...let's do something that perpetuates good!

Happy 11/11/11   11:11!!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Please excuse the typos! In my rush to make 11:11, I chose not to proofread... Marianne

Anonymous said...

Absolutely brilliant!! :)