Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Never giving up...and gratitude

Hi Everyone,

I just got off the phone after speaking with financial guru Jean Chatzky, author of a new book, The Difference. I read the book recently and really liked it. It is an optimisitic view of the current times because it puts the power to succeed in our own mind and hands. This meshes perfectly with my Strategies of Success program. In fact, I'm in the process of updating it a bit as I'm about to donate it to 300 schools. As I read her book, I kept thinking how great this would be in terms of making my program better. She not only talks positively about life and money - she has the extensive research to back it up.

Why am I telling you about this? Three reasons:
1. If you like to read, and even if you don't, get the book. It will help you see things in a new way and will inspire you to be more successful. It not only tells you about the different financial groups, it tells you what the characteristics are of each one. And better yet...it tells you how to move up. She knows it's possible...and you will believe too after reading it.

2. This is another lesson in not giving up. I've been trying to reach the Oprah show for years to talk about my program. Anyone who knows me, knows this. So today, not only was I on the Oprah and Friends radio network, but I'm also going to have my picture and a short bio on Oprah.com!!! I'm getting closer...to being on the show and letting many schools know at once about the Strategies program.

3. And finally, things come to you when you least expect it. I've certainly done the work - I write to people constantly, visit schools, try to tell the world. But this came to me - not when I was trying to get my program noticed - but when I was expressing gratitude. I loved her book so much that I went to Jean Chatzky's site to tell her. Pure and simple...just to say thanks.

So thanks, Jean...for writing your book, for never giving up on finding ways to reach and help people, for giving me the chance to tell the world about my program.

What are you grateful for today? Who can you thank? Not because you want to get something...just because you truly are grateful...

No comments: